If we spend so much of our youth fighting for our rights, we don’t get a chance to party until we’re older.
–Infinite by Sweatshop Union
Canadian hip-hop heavyweights Sweatshop Union, one of the hardest working ensembles to ever emerge from British Columbia, have been making righteous, politically charged music for over a decade but on their newest album Infinite (released May 28), they’re ready to really enjoy themselves.
The 6-member crew took their time with this album, spending a year to gather sounds and lyrics, whereas previous records have been completed in mere months. It bridges the gap between conscious music and fun party jams, exploring heavy themes but it’s also built for kicking back and vibing. The group believes that the record’s strength lies in this dichotomy.
- Dusty Melo – Rap Vocals, Production/DJ, MPC
- Marmalade – Rap Vocals, Music Production
- Metty the Dertmerchant – Rap Vocals, Music Production
- Mos Eisley – Rap Vocals, Music Production, MPC
- Ray Black – Rap Vocals, DJ Mixer
- Steve Hawking – Rap Vocals, Music Production